Personal Data Protection Notice
The privacy and security of personal information has always been a concern to many people across the world, including Cocoro Life (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (Company No. 202001041872 (1398193-T)), (hereinafter referred to as CLM). We, at CLM, are dedicated to respect and value your privacy and security of your personal information. This Personal Data Protection Notice is intended to provide you with information on how we access and manage your personal information in compliance with the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as PDPA). Please note that CLM can, at any time without prior notice revise this Personal Data Protection Notice and update any such revision thru our website.
(1) PERSONAL INFORMATION
1.1 Types of personal information
Personal information may be required from you for us to fulfil our obligations set out in Section 3. Such personal information which relates to you may either be collected or provided to CLM. We may include, but are not limited to, personal information that are collected, recorded, kept, stored, used, disclosed and/or processed (collectively referred to as “Process”) to the following:
- Name, age, date of birth, gender, race, nationality, identification documents (including NRIC or passport number), preferred language, religion, ethnic origin, height, body weight, qualifications, occupation, employer, former employer(s), photographs or other images, security recordings, voice recordings, cookies and location tracking/GPS information (collectively referred to as Master Data);
- Contact details: present and correspondence home and/or business address, email address, telephone and/or mobile phone number, and fax number, and any other form of contact information that allows us to contact you for communication purposes; and/or
- Financial standing information: bank account details, income/range, type of transaction currency, income tax file number, income tax EA Form, annual and/or current member’s statement of Employees Provident Fund (KWSP), bank guarantee details, bank facilities offer letter, credit information, any other related information for credit assessment purposes to determine business credit assignment by CLM as part of your application to become our business partner.
1.2 Necessity of personal information
Failure to provide such personal information as may be required can:
- The result in us not being able to deliver you with the necessary information, services and/or products requested;
- As a result, we couldn’t update you on our latest products, services, promotions, events and/or launches;
- Affect our ability to carry out the necessary processes concerning to the supply of our products and/or services;
Therefore, it may be mandatory for you to provide us with all the requested information in the related forms or any documents, unless otherwise specified.
1.3 Source of personal information
We may collect personal information from you directly and/or from the following sources and/or from such other sources as we find necessary from time to time, including but not limited to:
- Information that was provided by you through any registration forms required when conducting business transactions with us, commencing business relationship with us or our channel partners of third party vendors (whichever applicable), or when you subscribe to our publications, or registering the warranty for CLM product(s), or when you update your information on our products and/or services, or participating in any of our surveys, promotional offers, competitions, or contests, responding to any marketing materials we send out via email, facsimile, manual submission, online, or any other form of methods of communication;
- When you contact us (e.g. when you contact us for any inquiries, including calling our CLM Customer Service Centre);
- Information which is publicly available or open to the public; and
- Any other written or oral correspondences or records that we received prior to and during the course of our contractual or pre-contractual relationship with you.
- Third-parties with whom we are dealing or who are related to you and from all other sources where you have given your consent to the disclosure of information concerning you, and/or where otherwise legally permitted.
(2) STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The storage of your personal information may either be electronically stored on servers either locally or overseas, or hard copies in our offices, or any other applicable means of data storage. These personal information will be kept by our organization for the purposes set out in (3) below or as needed to comply with legal, commercial, accounting, or any other compliance purposes.
(3) PURPOSE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The purposes in which your personal information will be used include but are not limited to:
- User or customer relationship management (CRM) procedures;
- Enabling you to enter into relevant agreement and/or contract with CLM in respect to the sale and supply the supply of goods and/or services;
- The delivery, notification and/or the promotion of the goods and/or services to you;
- Our internal record-keeping in the ordinary course of business;
- Credit assessments of users and various background inspections as we can find necessary;
- Such purposes specifically provided for in any particular service or product offered by us or administering your participation in contests;
- Providing you information about the products and services of our affiliates and business partners, authorized third parties which may include but is not limited to the above-mentioned reasons;
- To conduct customer analysis, statistical analysis, benchmarking and marketing relating to our services and related products;
- Customer care or any associated post-sales services;
- Delivery of goods and/or services;
- Development a better business relationship with you (if any);
- Reviewing any messages you have sent to us (for example, answering any questions and dealings with any concerns a d suggestions from the customer service);
- Notifying you of the advantages and changes to the functionality of our goods and/or services;
- To collect outstanding payments from consumers and/or clients;
- For crime prevention purposes including but not limited to fraud, money-laundering, and bribery;
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements concerning our provision of services, and products and disclose any relevant law, legislation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular, code relevant to us or any of our member companies;
- Project site vacant possession, property/estate management, customer service and/or defect rectification works;
- Other services related to project execution such as security management, project insurance procurement and site access management.
(4) DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
4.1 Entities within CLM
Personal information given to us may be processed by entities (in or outside of Malaysia) within CLM (including related companies, parent company, subsidiaries, holding companies, affiliated companies and outsourcing partners). CLM is committed to ensure that access to your personal information is limited to authorised personnel only who are required to process your personal information contractually in compliance with their respective job requirement.
4.2 Third Parties
Such personal information may be subject to disclosure to applicable third parties (in or outside Malaysia) as mandated by law, subject to any applicable contractual relationship (for example, where third party service providers are appointed by us) or for the purposes set out in Section 3 above (or related to those purposes directly).
Such personal information may be needed to be disclosed or transferred to a third party in the event of a proposed, potential or an actual sale of business, disposal, acquisition, merger or re-organization (“Transaction”), You hereby acknowledge that such disclosure and transfer may occur and, where appropriate, require CLM to reveal your personal information to the other party and its advisers/representatives.
As a customer or potential customer, your personal information may be disclosed to the following classes of third parties:
- Third parties designated by us to provide services to us or on our behalf (such as banks or financial institutions, software vendors, auditors, lawyers, company secretary, consultants, contractors, professional advisors, service providers, printing companies, conference/training/event organizer, other advisers, insurance companies);
- Our business partners or affiliates who may jointly provide the service requested for;
- Utility companies;
- Law enforcement agencies or institutions, including but not limited to police; and
- Relevant governmental authorities’ statutory authorities, local council and industry regulators.
- As a vendor, supplier, service provider or a tenant, your personal information may be disclosed to the following classes of third parties:
- Our appointed service providers (such as banks or financial institutions, auditors, lawyers, company secretary, printing companies, software vendors, contractors, conference/training/event organizer, insurance companies, other advisers);
- Relevant governmental authorities, statutory authorities, industry regulator, and local council; and
- Law enforcement agencies, including the local police.
(5) COOKIES AND WEBSITES
“Cookies” are written to your hard disk when you visit a web site. The information contained in cookies is exchanged between the website you are reading and the software of your web browser, but websites are not permitted to read information from cookies generated on your hard disk by other websites or other data. Many websites are using cookies, but you may set your Web browsers to inform them before accepting new cookies or to refuse all cookies. Through Cookies, we may collect the following information during your visit to our website and/or the fully qualified domain name from which you accessed our site, or alternatively, your IP address:
(a) the URL of any webpage from which you accessed our site (the referrer); and
(b) the web browser that you are using and the pages you accessed;
(c) the date and time you accessed each page on our web site.
On certain occasions, you may be required to provide certain personal information (system login credentials, email address and contact, etc.) in order to enjoy certain services on our websites or access certain information in our websites. Such personal information will only be used for its intended purposes only such as responding to your message or deliver to you such requested services.
5.2 Links to other sites
5.3 Location enabled applications or products
Location enabled products or applications transmit your location information to us. Such information sent or provided are not used by us other than to provide the services you requested. You are usually granted full control over your participation in location enabled application or products, and you can disable such services or uninstall them as you wish.
Your mobile applications may utilize data analytics software such as Google Analytics (or any other similar tool) to help us better serve you through improved products, services, and revisions to the mobile applications. This collected information will not identify you to us. It may only let us know anonymously which features and services that you are using within the application, the device type and hardware features, language of download, and also your country.
(6) RIGHT TO ACCESS AND CORRECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
You are responsible for providing us with accurate information while also informing us about any changes to your personal information to enable us to keep your data accurate and current. The information that you provide will greatly affect the accuracy of your personal information, hence we kindly ask of you to inform us as soon as practicable if there are any errors in your personal information or if there have been any changes to your personal information.
You have rights of access to your personal information held by us and you may correct the personal information whenever such information is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date. For such purposes, you may in writing:
- Request access to such personal information;
- Request explanation on our policies and procedures in relation to the handling of your personal information by us;
- Request for correction of any wrong personal information;
- Subject to any applicable contractual obligations, legal requirements/restrictions, and reasonable time frame, withdraw your consent given previously, whether in full or in part; and
- Communicate to us your objection to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
(7) LIMITING THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION, FURTHER ENQUIRIES AND CONTACT POINT:
For more information regarding the use of your personal information, you may contact:-
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Correspondence Address :
Cocoro Life (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
No. 1A, Persiaran Kuala Langat,
40400 Shah Alam, Selangor
Or to read our latest up-to-date PDPA policy, please visit: www.cocorolife.my